Audition at the ICMT
To be accepted on our musical theatre courses, students must audition first. You can find audition information and requirements on this page.
We hold auditions every month, starting in December and finishing in July. Once you have applied, we will contact you with an audition date to plan your visit. Our administration team will be happy to offer you alternative dates should you not be available. Students can also submit by video link.
Applicants will need to prepare the following:
- Two contrasting musical theatre songs (32 bar cuts, please bring sheet music)
- One monologue of your choice (under 3 minutes)
There will also be a dance/movement call; therefore, please bring appropriate clothing to move in.
Please note, there is an administration fee of $40 for the audition, and you will receive written feedback after your audition.
We hold auditions at each ICMT location. You can find the addresses of each college on our contact page.
If you cannot attend an audition in person, we also accept video submissions. We will send details on how to do this once we receive your application.
*Please note, all auditions to The ICMT New York are all done via video.
DUE TO CURRENT COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS, WE WILL HOLD ALL AUDITIONS VIA SELF-TAPE OR ZOOM.
- Run through your music with an accompanist before your audition.
- First impressions count. Ensure you have dressed appropriately and have thoroughly prepared.
- Arrive at your audition at least 15 minutes early. Don’t forget to check public transportation routes for delays.
- Show us your personality; this will help you to stand out.
Have fun. After all, it’s just another opportunity to sing, dance, and act. If you have any questions about auditioning at the ICMT, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.