We are seeking an energetic, extremely well organised and self-motivated Office Assistant to join the ICMT family at our Belfast campus. You will be the go-to person for students, staff and customers; ensuring that day to day activities are completed to guarantee the smooth running of the College. Working in a fun, fast-paced and creative environment, you’ll be providing full administration support to our management team.
The International College of Musical Theatre (The ICMT) is a leading drama school offering world-class musical theatre training taught by West End and Broadway professionals. With colleges in London, New York, Rome and Belfast and other operations across the world, we provide courses specifically designed for those who wish to pursue a career in the world of musical theatre.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is a quick thinker, has sound prioritisation skills, able to manage their own time effectively, be a confident communicator, all whilst having a positive can-do attitude.
You will ideally have previous experience of working in an administrative role.
- Answering the phone & front door, greeting guests and taking deliveries
- Taking student registration and monitoring attendance
- Monitoring faculty attendance and reporting any absences/lateness
- Assisting the office team and senior management with ad hoc project assistance
- Take and communicate messages accordingly
- Scan, copy and file documents, sheet music and scripts
- Update and maintain databases
- Type documents, reports and correspondence
- Monitor shared mailboxes and respond as appropriate
- Keeping the College clean and tidy at all times, following up with students and staff to maintain this
- Day to day operational support
- Liaising with the cleaning team, monitoring cleaning supplies and quality of work
- Be the direct point of call for student and tutor queries.
- Ensuring office and cleaning supplies are well stocked and making your line manager aware of items that require ordering
- Running necessary errands
- Opening & closing the academy
Experience, skills and expectations
- Competent at using Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Good attention to detail
- Team player
- An understanding of data protection and be able to handle confidential matters
- An interest/understanding of the performing arts would be preferred but not essential
- Ability to be pro-active and manage own time and workload
- Confident at communicating with people on all levels
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
What’s on offer
The opportunity to establish yourself and develop your skills at a rapidly expanding musical theatre school.
A fixed-term (until June 2022) 20 hours per week, term time only contract at a competitive rate of pay and company pension.
If you’re excited and interested in this role then we’d love to hear from you. Simply send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you’d be right for the role to email@example.com.