To be accepted on to our musical theatre courses, students must audition first. Information on the audition process can be found below.
Auditions are held every month starting in December and finishing in July. Once you have applied you will be contacted with an audition date so you can plan your visit. Our administration team will be happy to offer you alternative dates should you not be available. Students can also submit by video link.
Applicants will need to prepare the following:
- Two contrasting musical theatre songs (32 bar cuts, please bring sheet music)
- One monologue of your choice (under 3 minutes)
There will also be a dance/movement call, therefore please bring appropriate clothing to move in.
Please note, there is an administration fee of £40 for the audition and you will receive written feedback after your audition.
Auditions will be held at the ICMT campus that you are applying to. The addresses of each college can be found on our contact page.
If you are unable to attend an audition in person, we also accept video submissions, details of which will be sent after we receive your application.
*Please note, all auditions to The ICMT New York are all done via video. Instructions will be sent upon receiving your application.
- Run through your music with an accompanist before your audition.
- First impressions count. Ensure you are dressed appropriately and are fully prepared.
- Arrive at your audition at least 15 minutes early. Don’t forget to check public transportation routes for delays.
- Show us your personality, this will help you to stand out.
- Have fun. After all it’s just another opportunity to sing, dance and act.
If you have any questions about auditioning at The ICMT, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org